Thursday, April 7, 2011

Vegas

To my three faithful readers - sorry for the extreme slacking! The main highlight of the past month has nothing to do with Fort Mac, but I'll post it anyway. Vegas baby!!
Kirt was going for the Construction Expo, so I got to tag along (since it coincided with my 29th birthday, he pretty much had to take me.) And what a birthday it was. It started with a helicopter tour over the Grand Canyon - I highly recommend this if you ever go. Forget driving, helicopter is the way to see it! It was so beautiful and our pilot was excellent - he really seemed to know what he was doing and explained all sorts of interesting stuff as we flew over the Hoover Dam and Lake Mead. We landed in the bottom of the Canyon, on a ledge just above the river, and were served a lovely picnic lunch and champagne. After toasting to good friends and happy birthday, Kirt (who had been hovering around me very suspiciously for the last half an hour) says "I might have something else we can toast to..." and got down on one knee and pulled a beautiful diamond ring out of his pocket!! I said yes of course, and after a few more toasts and photos, we flew back to Vegas to enjoy the rest of the week. It was a very unforgettable and probably impossible to top birthday!

Hoover Dam


The reenactment

The Ft.Mac group - Kirt & myself, Krystal & Kyle, Kelly & Debbie.

2 comments:

  1. I have to find this out on your blog!!! Lol Congrats Meags! Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor guy. Settling so early in life.

    ...;)

    ReplyDelete