Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekend Update


Well it was another sunshiny week here in the Mac. The weather has been gorgeous all week, much to the disgust of pretty much everyone south of here. Whenever you’re tired of the rain, come on up for a visit!
So to enjoy the lovely weather we started the weekend by playing 9 holes at Miskanaw golf course (which is one of 3 golf courses in Ft. Mac, by the way) on Friday night. I bought a set of clubs on Kijiji a few weeks ago and I’ve been practicing at the driving range, so this was my big debut golfing in public with other people. And much to Special K’s surprise, I did pretty good! Especially considering I’m fairly new to the game AND I don’t even have the right shoes, which I’m told by my golfing partner (who’s name, believe it or not, is also Meagan) is crucial. Anyway, I ended up finding just as many balls as I lost, so according to my math, that’s par baby!
On Saturday, Special K went quadding with the boys and I went to the waterpark with the girls to hang out, tan and read celebrity mags. Ps: If anyone can shed some light on why Kim Kardashian is so special, do let me know - I don’t get it.
On Sunday morning we did a team house clean, and let me tell you that Special K can really clean when he wants to. He was scrubbing toilets like nobody’s business! My friend Kim says that all men fall into one of two categories: useful and useless. So Kirt, it’s official: you’re on the useful list!
Afterwards we headed out to Gregoire Lake with some friends for an afternoon BBQ at the beach. Gregoire is a provincial park about 30 mins from Ft. Mac. The picture isn’t very good, but you get the idea: Lake, boats, trees, sand, picnic tables, people having fun. For a weekend with no plans, it turned out pretty great!

No comments:

Post a Comment