Monday, February 7, 2011

Update from the Man Cave

Well the man-cave is again at capacity, (actually it has been for over a month, I’m just slow on reporting) which means the BBQ sauce and pickles are piling up in the fridge again and Grey’s Anatomy is being replaced with Ice Road Truckers. The new tenant is actually the old tenant – turns out B-rad just couldn’t stay away. He tried camp life for a while but it wasn’t really his thing. Actually he had a name for it…I can’t remember what it was, but it rhymed with Auschwitz! Someday in the near future I will do a camp post – sure, maybe it’s not the most desirable places to live, but it definitely makes life easier for the people working at site and saves them having to commute 2 hours each way. I find the whole concept of camp really interesting –  some of the camps have 5,000+ workers living in them; it’s basically a whole town stacked in portable buildings out in the bush. And some even have perks like driving ranges, Tim Horton’s and stating rinks. I’ll have to do some homework and report on this another time. (I feel like I’ve said that before?)

No comments:

Post a Comment