Monday, November 21, 2011

Wedding Bells

The peacock wedding was a success!! It was a perfect day, in my mind anyway! Everything turned out just great -- thanks a million to everyone who helped in some way! (Especially my parents and wedding party -- I love you guys:)

So much preparation goes into the day, and then it's all over so fast! I wish I could do it again just to have more time to enjoy everything and visit with people for more than 30 seconds each! I can't wait for the pictures -- I should be getting them in a week or two, so stay tuned!! Although most of it is a blur, here are my favourite/most memorable moments of the day:

*Walking down the isle with my parents and seeing Kirt's beaming face waiting for me.
*The dress tying fiasco. It took 6 hands and one multi-tasking photographer to tie that thing up without showing any crack.
*The cake! How awesome was that? And so tasty too. Rose Sen, you are the master cake decorator.
*The ice sculpture. It took a while to catch on, but it was a hit and the boys enjoyed smashing it in the parking lot afterwards.
*The toasts. Everyone did so great! I loved Steven's sense of humour..."Love is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel it!"...Dad's touching welcome to the family speach - there wasn't a dry eye in the place after that...and the girls' clever "Meagan is unique" toast -- you girls are so dang creative!
*The food. Pat's Palate Pleasers cooked up some fine chicken (or was it peacock??) And could I ever go for a bowl of McKay's ice cream right now...
*The slideshow. It was my little project for, oh, approximately 1 million hours, and I was sooo glad it turned out!

Oh, and pretty much everything else :)



1 comment:

  1. Gah, wish I could've been there. "Steve dancing" would've been its own list item. I toasted you in the Caymans.

    ReplyDelete