Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Trees


Well I tried to set up Special K’s Christmas tree - which had been sitting untouched in the basement for 3 years - but it was just too big and awkward, so instead I put it on Kijiji! Haha! But first I scavenged three loose branches, wrapped the ends in a dish cloth and stuffed it in a glass: and voila, three mini-christmas trees are born. We have the red & gold tree, Kirt’s Christmas past tree (decorated with ornaments made for him over the years by his aunt), and the burned out lightbulb tree.
The light bulb decorations turned out pretty good actually and it only cost me a can of spray paint. You have to use your imagination a little bit, but picture a full size tree full of gold painted sparkly light bulbs with gold ribbon and twinkly lights. Next year, when I have more than 6 light bulbs I am going to try that! 



1 comment:

  1. I think you can pat yourself on the back for being so successful in your mission to share the beauty of the Mac. It almost made me want to transfer there myself! It just goes to show that home is where you make it. Merry Christmas Meagan!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete